Author Topic: CAM CONSOLIDATION  (Read 4494 times)

Spender Nui

• Passenger
CAM CONSOLIDATION
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
I used to have the ability to switch cameras from one lock to another or to the list of various ships at the top of the schedule.  Since switching to an Apple I have to go through the complete schedule to get to the bottom of the page to change.  Is this something unique to apple computers or was a change made?

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Life is Good when cruising in the Caribbean
    • Seacruise - Panama Canal Cam and Schedule
Re: CAM CONSOLIDATION
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »
First off welcome to the Forum!

I did a quick search of on Google and came across this link that may help you.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-6264_11-5440656.html

I gather that Apple does not support IFrames is which the web cam links are.

I did not know this nor do I know someone with a Apple so I can learn more on this. The problem is in the IE browser it appears and systems with XP2 and Vista installed do not have this problem. Are you able to use Firefox on a Apple and if so, have you tried it? Does the problem go away?

Thank You

Phil

Seacruise Forums

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:13:10 AM »

donkey oatay

• Seaman
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:17:55 AM »
I am a Mac user and am a little confused. Can you please explain in more detail what you mean!
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mahatma Gandhi

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »
Great a Mac user!

Like I said since I don't use one I can't really answer this except under a general idea that he can not click random links on the Panama Canal Cam Schedule, he has to start at one and go through the list. At least that is what I think he is saying.

All the help you can provide once he clarifies things would be greatly appreciated!

Phil

Spender Nui

• Passenger
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »
Thanks for your responses.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear on my original post.  Even mt Re: wasn't good.

When I open this site on my PC the camera which opens is that of Miraflores Locks and immediately above the picture is a grid consisting of 5 columns and 5 rows.

The 1st item (in the grid) shown in the 1st column is Miraflores Locks.  The 1st item in the 2nd column is Centennial Bridge.  The 1st item in the 3rd column is Gatun Locks.  Following all the way through, the (last) 5th item in the 5th row is Royal Princess.

The bottom of this grid rests on the picture transmitted by the web cam.  This makes it easy to click on any of the canal or ship cams within the grid and be transferred to that view.

When I open  on my Imac that grid is not there.  It is at the very bottom of the page.  In order to switch from one cam to another I must scroll through All the monthly schedules, Legend, Updates and "ads by Google" to get to the grid to click to another web cam.

I should also note that I'm not a computer guru.

I hope this is clear and would appreciate any available help.

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:35:12 PM »
Hmmm this is really weird and I will leave it up to my local Mac guy to help me with this.

donkey oatay this one is for you :)

Phil

donkey oatay

• Seaman
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 12:20:10 AM »
When I log into seacruisechat.com I am presented with the set up you have found when using your PC, ie. a grid of five rows across and five rows down. I can then click on any of the boxes and go directly to the subject.

The only thing I can think of is that you are having a problem with your browser. I usd to use Mac's Safari but changed over to Firefox because of similar problems. I suggest you give Firefox a try. That may resolve this and other problems.

I have just done a quick test using Safari and confirm that the problem with this browser exists. Why, I have no idea. OK, try Mozilla's Firefox, I am sure you will not regret it.

I hope this helps. If you have any more problems that I can help you with let me know, or Skype me on <global_skyper>.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 03:53:49 AM by donkey oatay »
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. Mahatma Gandhi

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:23:04 PM »
Thank you donkey oatay for the help.

When I first started to write about this I had written a resonse that suggested he try Firefox at it reads HTML code correctlty while other browsers change the code to suit themselves. IE is very bad for this.
I chnaged my response because I decided to do a Google search and see if the problem popped up better. That was why the link in my response.

I hope Joe try's Firefox and all is Good.

Thanks once again,

Phil

Spender Nui

• Passenger
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 05:20:25 PM »
I've installed firefox and just as predicted we're opening as we do on the PC.

My thanks to both Phil and donkey oatay for the help.

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »
Great!

Firefox reads HTML as it should while other browsers don't always do this. IE is realy bad for having it's own code to make things happen.

Good to see it work out.

Phil

Seacruise Forums

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 12:37:11 AM »