Author Topic: Strange Weather....  (Read 2576 times)

Phil

• Administrator
  • Vice Admiral
  • Life is Good when cruising in the Caribbean
    • Seacruise - Panama Canal Cam and Schedule
Strange Weather....
« on: February 25, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »
Well we are in this weather pattern where we have out flow winds right now. The winds are gusting upwards of 80 kph and that combined with cold temperatures (-9.0°C) make the wind chill -17.0°C which has set new records here. Think last year at this time when the Olympics were here.

Now lets move to Inuvik where Chris should be in shorts today. Right now it is +2.3°C. It further says temperature falling to minus 14 this afternoon. Then tomorrow it drops to -28°C in Inuvik. The record high for today in Inuvik was -17.7°C (2009) so one can see a vast difference. They blew the record out of the water (ice) today.

No, there is no global warming.....  ???

Phil

Chris in Inuvik

• Staff Captain
  • Cruise Director
  • Personal Text
Re: Strange Weather....
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »
Well we are in this weather pattern where we have out flow winds right now. The winds are gusting upwards of 80 kph and that combined with cold temperatures (-9.0°C) make the wind chill -17.0°C which has set new records here. Think last year at this time when the Olympics were here.

Now lets move to Inuvik where Chris should be in shorts today. Right now it is +2.3°C. It further says temperature falling to minus 14 this afternoon. Then tomorrow it drops to -28°C in Inuvik. The record high for today in Inuvik was -17.7°C (2009) so one can see a vast difference. They blew the record out of the water (ice) today.

No, there is no global warming.....  ???

Phil

Sure, we had great weather for about a half a day .....
Then we had a 3 day blizzard.
Add to that a problem with a microwave tower along the Dempster Highway and we didn't have long distance phone or internet service from Friday morning at 3:30 am to Monday afternoon at about 12:30.
Interesting weekend - none of the bank machines were working, so nobody had any money.
Debit machines also didn't work, and you couldn't pay for anything with a credit card either.
Thank goodness there was halfway decent TV -- the Scotties Tournament of Hearts Curling tournament finals was on all weekend.
This is ladies curling, so I got to hear a woman yell "HURRY HARD" again and again.
Made my day!
The Saskatchewan team won. She Who Must Be Obeyed was very happy (she's from Saskatchewan).

All in all, it was a quiet, if somewhat windy, weekend.

Chris in Inuvik

This is my signature.

Seacruise Forums

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 09:18:10 AM »

Cape Cod 13

• Vice Admiral
  • Cape Cod 13
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:20:35 AM »
My husband and I want to thank you for the good laugh.  C.C.13  rofl

Seacruise Forums