Author Topic: New Cancellation Policy  (Read 100 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris in Inuvik

  • Staff Captain
  • Cruise Director
  • *
  • Posts: 492
  • Karma: +4/-1
  • Personal Text
New Cancellation Policy
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:39:21 AM »
Royal Caribbean International is tightening its cruise cancellation policy, making passengers more on the hook for a larger portion of the fare if they decide not to go before sailing.

The policy has multiple changes. Chief among them: the cancellation window during which you would only lose a deposit is gone.

Canceled cruises of one to four nights (including holiday sailings) will be charged 50 percent of the total cruise fare if canceled 74 to 61 days out. Previously, these short cruises could be canceled 74 to 43 days out with just the deposit lost, and 42 to 29 days out with 50 percent of the fare lost. Under the new policy, cruises of four nights or less canceled 60 to 31 days out will be charged 75 percent of the total fare (previously 28 to 15 days out) and 100 percent of the fare will be sacrificed if the cruise is canceled 30 days or less before sailing (previously 14 days or less).

For longer cruises (five nights or more), the new policy is as follows: cruises canceled 89 to 75 days before sailing will be charged 25 percent of the total fare; those canceled 74 to 61 days out will be charged 50 percent (previously 56 to 29 days out); cruise canceled 60 to 31 days out will be charged 75 percent of the cruise fare (previously 28 to 15 days out); and all cruises of five nights or longer canceled 30 days or less before sailing will be charged the full fare (previously 14 days or less out). The previous policy had no 25 percent level, but cruises canceled 89 to 57 days out only lost the deposit.

The new cancellation policy goes into effect on all bookings made on or after April 8, 2018.

According to an article on RoyalCaribbeanBlog.com, policy was changed as a way of encouraging cruisers to finalize their bookings earlier.
This is my signature.

Seacruise Forums

New Cancellation Policy
« on: April 04, 2018, 01:39:21 AM »