Author Topic: Windstar Cruises Fact Sheet  (Read 1677 times)

Chris in Inuvik

• Staff Captain
  • Cruise Director
  • Personal Text
Windstar Cruises Fact Sheet
« on: June 01, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »

Corporate Information
The Concept:   Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and their ability to visit the hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations.  Carrying just 148 to 312 guests, the luxurious ships of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas. What started in 1984 as an idea to bring together the freedom of sailing with the luxury of a resort vacation has developed into the ultimate getaway.  Windstar is a vacation experience that is truly "180 Degrees from Ordinary." 

Charters & Incentive Groups: (800) 628-3354
www.windstarcruises.com

Company Background
Established:         1984 (Planning); 1986 (Inaugural Cruise)

Number of Vessels:      Three

Vessels (Year):   Wind Spirit (1988), Wind Star (1986), Wind Surf (Built in 1990 as Club Med I; Acquired in 1998)

Ship registry:   
      Bahamas

Ownership:         Windstar is a division of Ambassadors International Cruise Group,
LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ambassadors Cruise Group, LLC.
Cruise Options:      
•   Caribbean: Lesser Antilles, Virgin Islands, French West Indies, Barbados, Tobago
•   Costa Rica
•   Europe: Western/Eastern Mediterranean and Greek Islands
•   Panama Canal
•   Transatlantic

Cruise Length:      6 to 14 days

Annual Number of
Passengers:
         Approximately 30,000

Passenger Profile:   Average Age is 50 for past guests and 50 for new guests.  Average annual household income is $175,000+.  Windstar cruisers are active and adventurous, sophisticated travelers ranging from their 20's to 70's.  Guests represent a broad spectrum, i.e. business owners, executives, retirees, honeymooners, stockbrokers, lawyers, engineers, entrepreneurs, artists, authors, researchers, doctors, educators, etc
This is my signature.

Seacruise Forums

« on: June 01, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »