Author Topic: CRUISE SHIP ILLNESS STORIES - Editor's Policy  (Read 2796 times)

Chris in Inuvik

• Staff Captain
  • Cruise Director
  • Personal Text
CRUISE SHIP ILLNESS STORIES - Editor's Policy
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:20:35 AM »
It seems that every week, there is at least one cruise ship that is reported to have been hit with a Noro-virus or similar outbreak.
Given that this is such a common occurence, I have decided that only "exceptional" cases will be reported in this forum.
This would include very large numbers or percentage of passengers, fleetwide outbreaks, 'near riots' or significant protests by passengers, or other unusual instances.
This is an arbitrary decision made by me, and has not been approved (yet) by the webmaster / administrator of the forum.
It is my opinion (and my opinion only) that most readers of this forum are aware of the Norovirus outbreaks; that they know, for the most part, how to avoid them; and that we are getting a little sick of hearing about people getting sick on cruise ships.

If there is enough hew and outcry, I will run these stories again, but somehow, I don't think there will be.

North of 60
Cruise News Editor / Moderator
This is my signature.

Dani

Re: CRUISE SHIP ILLNESS STORIES - Editor's Policy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:35:43 AM »
I agree, the Stomach flu has been around since I was a child.

Seems that instead of reporting real news, the Fox news had decided to report only that the
Foxes were sick with the virus.  >:(

Enough already, now there are government investigations into the illness and how to control the ships ? 

Please, do something useful government and leave this issue alone. Something along the lines of
"cure thyself " first should apply to the government hacks.

Where is Shakespeare when we need him...he said it about lawyers...could he have not included the bureaucrats ?  ;D ;D

Seacruise Forums

Re: CRUISE SHIP ILLNESS STORIES - Editor's Policy
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:35:43 AM »